Thursday, December 25, 2008

Review: Slumdog Millionaire

Finally, after all my friends have seen it, I went to see Slumdog Millionaire with my family. At first I was blown away by the volume of the opening song (our theater must have been experiencing technical difficulties). But after that, I really enjoyed it and was happy to see a collaboration between an Indian and an American director that did not end up completely Westernized (Guru, Bollywood Nights.) (unfinished more soon)

Here are some questions:
1. How many times has Irfan Khan played a police inspector in a movie? A. Four B. Five C. Six D. Seven plus
2. The catchy track played in the train scene where the boys are hustling for money is by which hot South Asian female singer? A. Nadia Ali B. Maya Angulprasam C. Sophie Choudry D. Nazia Hassan
3. The dance that Jamal and Latika were doing at the end is? A. Tango B. Salsa C. Waltz D. Bump N. Grind
4. Who is on the thousand rupee note? A. J. Nehru B. AP Kalam C. Chandra Bhose D. M. Gandhi (trick question!)
If you win I'll give you however many rupees I have left over (probably not many) Good luck!

No comments: